Once called “Goatsville” Clarkston, GA hugs Decatur like a little sister. Conveniently located just 10 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta this thriving community takes up only 1.1 square miles! It’s also home to Dekalb County’s very first public park called “Milam Park”.
“Is there any point to listing my house now versus in the Spring?”
I get asked this question A LOT this time of year. Here’s what I think:
- By selling now you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This allows you to sell high and buy low!
- Because of supply and demand you can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
- Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the holidays!
- January is typically the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until the spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during the week!
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you! And the #1 Reason you should list during the Holidays:
- People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers!
GORGEOUS & TOTALLY UPGRADED END UNIT nestled in a gorgeous setting close to Kennesaw State University, Southern Polytechnic, I-75 & TONS of shopping, restaurants & parks!
HARDWOODS on the main level, GRANITE, STAINLESS STEEL & 5-BURNER STOVE in kitchen, NEW CARPET, KNOBS & more! TWO HUGE MASTER SUITES means no one gets shorted on space. Back of home overlooks pond where you can watch ducks swim by. Pretty play space of the patio. LOTS OF STORAGE in the attic and separate storage room!
Relax with a magazine by the NEIGHBORHOOD POOL this summer!
HOA DUES: $187/mo
HOA Includes: Ext Lia/Fire Ins, Ext Maintenance, Reserve Fund, Water/Sewer, Landscaping/ Pool
LIST PRICE: $140,000
SQUARE FOOTAGE: appx. 1,560
GORGEOUS & NEWLY UPDATED 3 Bedroom TOWNHOME nestled in a gorgeous setting close to Kennesaw State University, Southern Polytechnic, I-75 & TONS of shopping, restaurants & parks! Perfect investment property for your college student to live in and rent out!
NEW CARPET, NEW KITCHEN CABINETS, NEW PAINT! ….and the PRETTIEST BACKYARD you’ve ever seen!!! HUGE MASTER has vaulted ceiling, walk-in closet & en-suite bath. 2 more bedrooms make this an easy home for many people to live in! Pretty play space off the patio. LOTS OF STORAGE in the attic and separate storage room! Relax with a magazine by the NEIGHBORHOOD POOL this summer!
HOA DUES: $187/mo includes: Exterior Lia/Fire Ins, Exterior Maintenance, Reserve Fund, Water/Sewer, Landscaping
LIST PRICE: $140,000
SQUARE FOOTAGE: appx. 1,604
SCHOOLS: Hayes, Pine Mountain, Kennesaw Mountain
Taxes: $1,033 in 2012
Walk through the pages of DWELL MAGAZINE!
Super Cute and TOTALLY RENOVATED brick ranch is full of COOL, VINTAGE CHARM + all the MODERN UPDATES you must have. The kitchen is perfect for 1 or 2 cooks while the rest of your guests mix & mingle in the wide-open family room, screen porch or wide back deck.
CONVERT BACK TO A 3 BEDROOM by simply re-hanging sheetrock OR leave the bonus space open for a HOME OFFICE, PLAYROOM or BAR AREA. GORGEOUS BACKYARd is fenced and ready for beer drinking around the firepit and ball throwing with your dog.
COME NOW before it’s gone.
Offered at $185,000
You deserve it ALL.
Imagine starting your morning w/ a cup of coffee on your screened porch while watching the sunrise over the lake (year-round views!) After carpooling at the states most sought-after schools easily make your tennis match or go for a quick dip in the neighborhood pool. Later, as the basement is filled w/ laughter & playing, cook dinner in your new kitchen while, once again, enjoying your breath-taking lake view!
Convenient location is just miles from 75, 285 & 400. Swim/tennis/lakes & nature trails make for lots of opportunities to meet neighbors & play. New hardwoods, new carpet, replaced windows, new paint, gutted, opened & expanded kitchen overlooks fireside family, keeping & breakfast room. Full basement & 3-car garage round out this awesome Sope Creek Elementary, Dickerson Middle & Walton High School opportunity!
List Price: $649,900
Square Feet: 5400 +/- sf.
Bedrooms: 7 bedrooms
Baths: 4 baths
Gorgeous executive home on prime lot that backs up to greenspace & hiking trails! Award-winning Harmony on the Lakes community! Open main level with hardwoods, kitchen with island, granite & stainless steel is open to family room & sought-after guest bedroom and full bath on the main. Master has sitting room & multiple walk-in closets + huge bath. Three other bedrooms upstairs have two full baths to share! Awesome finished basement with man cave, extra large storage room, 6th bedroom & 5th full bath!
List Price: $315,000
Square Feet: 3,929 +/- sf.
Bedrooms: 6 bedrooms
Baths: 5 baths
FMLS #: 5193034
Absolute PERFECTION in this charming Decatur bungalow! Gleaming hardwoods throughout…renovated kitchen that’s bright & open to the Dining and Family Rooms…gorgeous, renovated baths with storage…master bedroom w/ en-suite bath…2 guest br’s perfect for office, guest or children…hard-to-find ONE CAR GARAGE…Huge corner lot perfect for entertaining (football games, gardening, firepits & whatever else you can imagine) + deck! This one truly has it all and is completely move-in ready!
List Price: $215,000
Square Feet: 1,107 +/- sf
Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms
Baths: 2 baths
This lush backyard is FAMOUS! As seen in Atlanta Magazine, over $15,000 was lovingly poured into its perfect grass, trees, shrubbery & landscaping. THIS is your Eden! And it just happens to be in sought-after Pope High School district!
When you’re ready to come inside get ready to cozy up in the fireside family room that overlooks the backyard OR whip up tasty treats in YOUR NEW KITCHEN! No expense was spared in the gutting and renovation– soft close drawers, new cabinets, granite, top of the line stainless steel appliances all open up to a breath-taking vaulted breakfast room. The home is perfect for East Cobb and ready for you.
Listed at: $335,000
Square Footage: 3,170 +/- sf
FMLS # #5204300
Bedrooms: 4 bedrooms
Baths: 2.5 baths
Most people get their opinions on the housing market from a national view (NBC, FOX, ABC, CNN, etc.) but we here at the KellySellsAtlanta.com Team know that we have to focus and study the Metro and Micro Views instead. Our goal is to be your #1 resource for ANYTHING Real Estate-related!
First, let me explain how our stats are different from other’s. We focus on 41 counties in and around Atlanta. Others focus on the entire state of Georgia. We feel that by focusing on Metro Atlanta we get a much truer (that’s a word, right?) of what’s happening in our (or your) backyards.
So….when we came together last week to study the 2nd Quarter Stats from this year THIS is what we found:
- Keller Williams Realty is the #1 company in all of Metro Atlanta in # of sales (and have been since 2011!)
- We are outperforming other agents by 16.8% in single family homes and 18.9% in condos
- 2Q saw more sales than 2011 but less than 2012
- May had the biggest number of sales, June was lower than last 2 June’s
- Median 2Q sales price = $209,000 (it was only $150,000 last year!)
- The Median sales price is higher than ALL years since 2003 except for 2006 and 2007!
- Sales that happened below $100,000 were down by 50%! (this alone helps to push median sales prices up)
- Foreclosures and Short Sales represented a small portion of the market
- Seller’s got, on average, 95.8% of their list price
- It took, on average, 45 days to go under contract
- 27.8% of Sellers got 100%+ of their list price!
2nd Q summary (click the link!)
- Of 100 SOLD Listings…….77 successfully sold.
- 29 needed to reduce their price in order to sell
- Of those that priced right the 1st time they sold for appx. 98.7% of their list price after only 18 days on the market